28 Ways to Eat Pepper Jelly

Pepper Jelly of the Month Club

Welcome to the Pepper Jelly Craze!  Each month there are thousands of searches on the Internet from people searching for where to a) buy pepper jelly, b) find pepper jelly recipes and c) identify specific foods to pair with their pepper jelly. We’ve scoured the internet, listened to customers and compiled a list of all of our own ways for eating Pepper Jelly to find
28 Ways to Eat Pepper Jelly.  If you have visited this blog previously, you already know that here at Armadillo Pepper we eat pepper jelly on just about anything we can find.  Already published in this blog are:

Also, over at our Squidoo Lens you can find our recipe for #3, Datil Pepper Jelly Chicken Wings.

Over the next few weeks, we are going to prepare dishes for most of the 28 Ways to Eat Pepper Jelly and post the results here on this blog.  We are expecting that some items may fall off the list and some items may get added.  If you have any suggestions for how you eat pepper jelly, please let us know here on this blog!!

To kick things off, let’s look at #18, Pepper Jelly with Popsicles.

Pepper Jelly on Popsicle

We grabbed some Pina Colada Popsicles and tried this with Raspberry Jalapeno Pepper Jelly.  We tried applying the pepper jelly direct to the popsicle with a spoon and then we melted some pepper jelly and tried dipping.  The dipping didn’t work for us at all.  We couldn’t seem to get any pepper jelly to stick to the popsicle.  Putting approximately 1/3 of a teaspoon direct on the popsicle worked the best for us.  We had to keep “spooning” the pepper jelly on each bite of the popsicle, because there didn’t seem to be any obvious way for applying all the jelly at once!  It was a very nice flavor, but there is a little work involved.

Please let us know how you eat Pepper Jelly!  We will be adding additional posts over the next 4 weeks.

This entry was posted in How to Use Pepper Jelly, Recipes. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to 28 Ways to Eat Pepper Jelly

1. Greg says:

Try Jalapeno Jelly as a topping for Baked potatoes. Just put your favorite baked potato toppings on, then top that off with the Jalapeno Jelly.

2. ArmadilloPepper says:

Thanks for the great suggestion. I have never tried pepper jelly this way, but will do so soon.

3. Greg says:

Try it with the following toppings, chicken, sour cream, cheese, bacon bits topped with the Jalapeno jelly, that’s one of our favorites.

4. Melissa says:

Mix with a little raspberry jam, heat in saucepan on stove. Drizzle over your favorite PREPARED pork recipe, such as http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pork-chops-stuffed-with-feta-spinach-10000001599621/

5. Anne says:

I spent a lot of time being mystified as to how to eat hot pepper jelly. That was probably because I’m not a big fan of peppers or spicy foods. But I was very curious and really wanted to.

When I was a child, my mother used to make me cream cheese and jelly sandwiches because I hated peanut butter and jelly. I got to thinking that the cream cheese would be a perfect coolant for hot pepper jelly. So I toasted bread, spread on cream cheese, and put the hot pepper jelly on top. Delicious! And it sort of open the door for trying all these other great ways. A couple days ago, I was approached by an older woman in the supermarket who noticed that I had purchased hot pepper jelly. She said she and her husband had wanted to try it but couldn’t figure out what to do with it. I told her how I ate it, and so she bought some. I hope she finds your

6. Jeff says:

Thanks Anne for the feedback. We have lots of people that come into our store who are “mystified” as you said about how to use pepper jelly. What we find is that most people who give it a try, really like it.

7. loretta says:

Try with burritos just add ranch tothe jelly and dash of horseradish mustard and stir till smooth. Yummy!

8. Liz Browning Fox says:

For meats (and fish), I melt pepper jelly on the stove with salt and pepper with a little extra cider vinegar. Then, for lamb I add unsweetened mint. For pork, I might add a little soy or worcestershire sauce. I offer it on the side, like gravy.

9. Use hot pepper jelly inside sugar doughnuts for delicious sweet & spicy!

10. Sue Ellen says:

Before pepper jelly was packaged and sold commercially, I used to make my own. Thank heavens it’s available everywhere now! People love this very simple party plate/appetizer: On a beautiful serving plate, spoon lots of pepper jelly over a wedge of triple cream Brie cheese, place your favorite crackers to the side with a nice cheese knife (or two). Your guests will serve themselves again and again!

11. Bernice Ellinghausen says:

I mix a little jalapeno jelly with mayo and use as a glaze on pork chops. We like the flavor it gives the pork chops.