Here in Florida, anything seafood is always welcome. This recipe for Shrimp Tacos with Corn Relish is refreshing and is much quicker than preparing your own slaw from scratch.
We tried these tacos with friends over the weekend and needless to say, there were not any leftovers.
It requires 15 minutes to prepare the marinade. Marination time is 30 to 60 minutes. If you buy your shrimp already deveined and peeled, then the dish can be ready in 10 minutes.
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined
- Corn Relish to taste. You can substitute Chow-Chow Relish if you prefer
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Optional tomatoes, diced
- Optional pepper relish
- Grated cheddar or Mexican style taco cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite seafood seasoning
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Knox Cracked Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Hot Sauce – of course, you can add more or change the hot sauce if you are looking for more heat
- You can remove the shrimp tails prior to marinating or after. It is “less messy” if you remove the tails before marinating.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a 11″ x 7″ glass baking dish. You can also use a gallon Ziploc plastic bag.
- Put the shrimp in the dish. Mix the marinade and shrimp, then cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Broil the shrimp about 3 to 5 minutes or until done. I usually turn the shrimp over after about 2 to 3 minutes and then finish the broiling.
- Place some shrimp on the tortillas. Add two to three tablespoons of corn relish and some shredded cheese. Other items you can add are diced tomatoes and a tablespoon of pepper relish. In the top picture, I have added some pepper relish for a little extra heat.