ArmadilloPepper.com is excited to announce that wild game jerky has arrived in our store. In addition to our beef jerky, you can shop for Buffalo Jerky, Elk Jerky, Turkey Jerky and Venison Jerky all from Climax Jerky in Colorado. We have also added Salmon Jerky made from Grade A, Wild Coho Salmon, fresh from the docks in Ketchikan, Alaska.
Jerky continues to grow in popularity due to its health benefits. Jerky is low in cholesterol, has virtually no fat, is high in protein and very flavorful. A typical 30 gram portion of beef jerky contains:
- 10-15 grams of protein
- 1 gram of fat
- 0-3 grams of carbohydrates
Making jerky is one of the earliest known food preservation techniques. In fact, its origins date back to at least ancient Egypt. A pound of meat or poultry weighs about four ounces after being made into jerky. The drying process removes most of the moisture and therefore, it does not require refrigeration.
If you haven’t tried some jerky lately, get out and enjoy some of its many benefits:
- Convenient and a great energy booster
- Enjoying the great outdoors – backpacking, hiking, fishing, camping, bicycling, ATV riding
- Take on a road trip – keep some in the car as a snack for you and the kids
- Great snack during the day, especially for those on the Atkins Diet or anyone actively engaged in an exercise/work-out program
- Shred dome jerky on top of your favorite salad
- Try heating some in the oven at a low temperature for a new taste experience