There is a set of BBQ Sauces from Pennsylvania that transform your grilling and smoking efforts from a backyard “get-together” into a “Barbecue Champion”.BBQ Stu’s offers 4 different sauces, including a Carolina sauce.
- BBQ Stu’s Original BBQ Sauce – this is the mildest of the bunch. “Kid friendly” for those that don’t like any bite.
- Steel City Blast Furnace – based on Stu’s original, this sauce adds a little spice.Not overwhelming, but for those of us that like a little bite at the end, this sauce is special.
- Steel City Blast Furnace X-Xtra Hot – this is Stu’s hot BBQ Sauce.It has the same great flavor as the “Original” sauce, but with heat of hot peppers. This heat starts off slow, but ends with a bit of fire. We rate this sauce at 6.5 to 7 out of 10 on the heat scale.
- Pennsylvania Gold – a very nice traditional Carolina sauce. Use this one as a BBQ or dipping sauce. Excellent with pulled pork.
You can’t go wrong with any of the BBQ Stu’s sauce collection, but don’t simply take our work for it. BBQ Stu’s award-winning sauces have been featured on numerous blogs, TV shows, radio shows and won awards at:
- 2007 National Hot Pepper Awards
- 2008 National Hot Pepper Awards
- 2009 National Hot Pepper Awards
- 2009 National Best of the Best BBQ Sauce Competition
It’s the middle of August and football season is quickly upon us. Here is a recipe from BBQ Stu Wilson that is perfect to kick-off your next tailgate party. We like BBQ Stu’s Original or Steel City Blast Furnace with this recipe.
BBQ Stu’s Tailgate Party Beans
- 1 (14-16 oz) can butter beans
- 1 (14-16 oz) can of pinto or kidney beans — drained
- 1 large onion diced
- 11/2 cups BBQ Stu’s BBQ Sauce
- 4 ounces Bacon — crumbled crisp
- 1 (14-16 oz) can Pork & beans
- 1 (14-16 oz) can chili (optional)
- 1 bell pepper — diced
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple or can of apple pie filling
- Put all of the above ingredients except the bacon in a crock-pot, large pot or dutch oven except bacon.
- Bring to a boil for 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Then simmer for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally, so mixture doesn’t scorch & burn.
- Before serving crumble bacon on top of beans.
All of BBQ Stu’s BBQ Sauces are now available at Armadillo Pepper.