Make sure you read the complete review. There is a Chicken Wing recipe after the review.
Four Men & a Pig Barbeque sauce is from arguably one of the best BBQ cities in the world, “Kansas City”. This BBQ Sauce comes with a very eye-appealing label backed up with a list of BBQ awards.
- 1st Place Ribs – 2003 Jack Daniels World Invitational
- 1st Place Pork – 2005 Jack Daniels World Invitational
- 3rd Overall Grand Champion – 2007 Jack Daniels World Invitational
- Grand Champion – 2005 Great Lenexa BBQ Battle
- Grand Champion – 2003 American Royal Invitational
- 1st Place Chicken – 2003 American Royal Invitational
- Grand Champion – 2004 American Royal Side Dish
- Grand Champion – 2008 American Royal Open
When you open the Four Men & a Pig Barbeque Sauce bottle the first aroma is a sweet tomato from the ketchup and brown sugar. The consistency leans towards thick and there are nice “chunks” of ingredients. The thickness is helped by the addition of honey and molasses, which makes it nice for sticking to your ribs or chicken.
The flavor starts sweet followed by garlic about mid-way and then finishes with a very subtle spice. The mild spice flavor is a result of the jalapeno pepper juice ingredient. We often characterize sauces as “kid friendly”, meaning very mild spice and this sauce fits that profile.
With it being the start of football season, we were anxious to try this sauce on some tailgating wings. One of the challenges we always face when using a thin BBQ sauce with wings is achieving “sticking power”. Because of the thickness with the Four Men & a Pig Barbeque Sauce, we were anxious to try this one with some wings.
From the picture you can see how nicely this sauce sticks. You can grill the wings or bake them. On this particular day it was pouring rain outside, so we baked the wings. Simple and easy tailgating recipe follows:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter the bottom of a baking dish
- Bake wings for 40 minutes
- Remove wings from oven and cover with Four Men & a Pig Gourmet Barbeque Sauce
- Bake another 40 minutes until done.
On this Sunday our team the Jacksonville Jaguars lost, but everyone enjoyed some great wings!. We made wings with three different sauces on this day and the overwhelming favorite was the Four Men & a Pig.