Looking for fast and easy appetizers to prepare for your holiday parties? Why not try some Crostini?
Crostini is similar to Bruschetta, but typically includes a topping that is more diverse than garlic, basil and tomatoes (like Bruschetta).
Made from thin slices of toast (we prefer Italian bread), the toppings may include various cheeses, meats, and vegetables.
For a quick and easy appetizer this holiday season try this recipe.
- 12 slices of Italian Bread drizzled with Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes; each halved
- Orange zest (1 orange)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Your favorite Mango Hot Sauce. We like Heartbreaking Dawns Mango Habanero Hot Sauce. This all natural hot sauce includes a blend of red habanero peppers, mango and spices.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drizzle bread with olive oil.
- Place bread in oven and toast until brown.
- In medium bowl, combine orange zest, orange juice, salt, pepper, canola oil, vinegar, Heartbreaking Dawns Mango Habanero Hot Sauce (add hot sauce for your taste) and whisk together.
- Add olives, artichokes, tomatoes, gorgonzola cheese and mix well.
- Spoon over toast and serve!
That’s it. Simple, fast and delicious.