Looking to spice up your next batch of cornbread? It doesn’t get much easier to make some Cornbread with heat than using the Ass Kickin’ cornbread mix. The ingredients include jalapeno peppers and a package of habanero powder.
We recently made some Ass Kickin’ Cornbread. Everything but the dairy products are included in the kit. Be warned in advance…when using the habanero powder this is some “hot cornbread”!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- Ass Kickin’ Cornbread kit which includes the cornbread mix (ingredients include Cornmeal, Flour, Baking Powder, Whole Corn, Onion, Jalapeno, Red Bell Pepper, Salt) and a separate packet of habanero pepper powder.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using butter, grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Combine milk, eggs and corn bread mix. Stir about 30 seconds until mixture is smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter.
- Spread batter into pan and pour melted butter over the top of the bread mix.
- Bake 50 – 60 minutes or until loaf is golden brown.
My favorite way to eat cornbread is with beans. We paired-up the Ass Kickin’ Habanero Cornbread with a bowl of beans with sausage and ham! Through in a few pickled beats and chow-chow relish and this is a southern meal for a king.
One word of advice. Wait to put the hot sauce on your beans. The cornbread packs a lot of heat from the habanero peppers. I made the mistake of generously applying the hot sauce on the beans before tasting the cornbread. The result was heat coming at me from every angle!