This weekend I smoked a pork loin and some baby back ribs (that’s a future post). While I was tending the smoker, my girlfriend surprised me with some homemade Jalapeno Margaritas. Apparently, she had been infusing the Tequila with the Jalapenos for a week and I hadn’t even noticed.
Below is her recipe for 2 Jalapeno Margaritas.
- 2 limes
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 large jalapeno
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (1/2 cup water 1/2 cup sugar boil until dissolved)
- 1 1/2 shots Gran Mariner
1. Slice, seed and remove membranes from one jalapeno pepper (the membrane is where most all of the heat is located). Wear gloves unless you like it when your hands burn.
2. If you want the heat from the pepper, skip step 1 (except for the slicing).
3. Place jalapeno in one cup tequila and cover. Let sit at room temperature for one week.
4. Juice limes, lemon and orange into small pitcher.
5. Add simple syrup, gran mariner and tequila (Remove jalapeno slices from tequila and set aside. You will need as a garnish later.
6. Fill two redneck wine glasses with ice and pour Jalapeno Margarita in each glass.