There is just something about bacon! Over Memorial Day weekend we made these Barbecue Bacon Burgers. Another simple and easy recipe where you can add a lot of flavor from BBQ Sauce, Burger Seasoning and Bacon.
It will take you about 10 minutes to prepare and then you can complete the grilling
process in less than 20 minutes.
You can make this
quickly because all of the ingredients are from condiments in the
refrigerator. The barbecue sauce makes these burgers “extra juicy”!
- 1.25 pound or so of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon PETA Steak and Burger Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce. Don’t be tempted to add much more sauce. The burgers tend to fall apart on the grill as you add more barbecue sauce.
- 1 pound bacon
- Cheese (optional). For this outing, we used Provolone for some of the burgers and cheddar for the others.
1. Fry the bacon. Set aside on paper towels and let any gease drain.
2. Thoroughly mix the ground beef, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic salt, PETA Steak and Burger Seasoning along with your BBQ Sauce.
3. Depending on how large you want your burgers, make 4-5 burger patties from your ground beef.
4. Grill your burgers. These burgers will flare-up a little more than usual because of the sauce in the patties. The secret to this recipe is to use a special University of Kentucky Spatula.
5. If you are using cheese, apply a slice or two to each burger about 1 to 2 minutes before removing from the grill.
6. Add your bacon.
7. Dress up with your favorite condiments. If you want extra barbecue sauce, add some at this time.
So, how are these burgers? I asked an expert. At every restaurant we visit, my son orders the largest barbecue burger on the menu. His feedback was, “May be the best burgers you have ever made”.
I promise these will be some of the juiciest burgers that you’ve ever had. Enjoy!