In today’s video we are smoking Jalapeno Peppers stuffed with cream cheese and shrimp, then wrapped in bacon and finished with a pepper jelly glaze. Sound complicated? Well, it’s not. This is actually quite easy to make and your guests will love these.
Smoker time for these is about 3 hours and the steps are really simple.
- Slice the jalapeno peppers in half and remove the seeds and veins. This is where all of the heat is contained.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with either cream cheese or a cream cheese and shrimp mixture.
- Wrap each jalapeno with 1 slice of bacon.
- Place in the smoker at 225 degrees for about 3 hours.
- Open your smoker and brush each jalapeno with your favorite pepper jelly. In this video we used jalapeno pepper jelly. You could certainly select a habanero or ghost pepper jelly if you want to kick up the heat.
- Close up your smoker and let smoke for about 10 to 15 more minutes; just enough to let the pepper jelly melt to the jalapenos. You are then ready to serve.
Watch our detailed video and make these for your next backyard party!
These are absolutely delicious. And, as you know, everything is better with bacon!