At your next cook-out, why not try grilling asparagus? Everyone understands it’s a healthy vegetable, but the char from the grill really adds a whole new dimension to the flavor.
Grilling asparagus is very easy with preparation time at about 2 minutes and grilling time between 6 and 10 minutes (depending on the heat of your grill).
Before we get started on the recipe and how to grill the asparagus just a quick overview of asparagus’ health benefits. According to WebMD, it’s high in folic acid and a good source of potassium, fiber, thiamin, and vitamins A, B6, and C.
- 3/4 to 1 lb asparagus spears
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp of Slap Ya’ Mama Cajun Seasoning (we use original, but if you want a more spicy taste, then use the “Hot” version).
- Start your grill and set on medium-high heat. If you have a thermometer on your grill a good temperature is 325 to 375 degrees.
- Cut off the thick ends of the asparagus as this part tends to be tough.
- Mix the olive oil, salt, pepper and Slap Ya’ Mama Cajun Seasoning in a small bowl
- Coat the asparagus with the olive oil mixture.
- Place your asparagus on the grill at a perpendicular angle to the grill grates. This will prevent the asparagus from falling through the grates.
6. Cook for about 3 minutes or until you start to see a char on the asparagus spears.
7. Turn over. Let cook about 3 more minutes and you are ready to plate the asparagus.
For a more detailed step-by-step, please see our How to Grill Asparagus Video below.