Today w grilling Portobello Mushrooms stuffed with sausage, mozzarella cheese and jalapeno peppers. This is an easy one to make on the grill and can be used as a starter (if eating a light main course) or served as meal, especially nice in the summer
Preparation time is about 20 minutes and total cook time is 10 – 15 minutes.
For ingredients you will need:
- 2 Portobello mushrooms
- 1.5 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup ground sausage
- ½ cup chopped, white onion
- 6 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/3 of a red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoon cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the grill to medium high heat.
- Brush your Portobello mushrooms with olive oil.
- Grill the mushrooms about 5 minutes on each side.
- You can prepare the stuffing in advance or if your grill has a side burner, cook while grilling the Portobellos.
I served this with grilled pineapple glazed with pepper jelly. For the detailed step-by-step, see our How to Grill Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Sausage, Mozzarella Cheese and Jalapeno Peppers video below.