Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away and today we are deep frying a whole turkey using the Char-Broil Big Easy Tru-Infrared Oil-Less Fryer.
Why oil-less? There are 3 reasons:
- Safer (have you seen the deep fryer explosions?)
- No oil to purchase which is quite expensive for a fryer big enough to cook a turkey
- Much healthier. Is it as tasty as oil? Definitely, yes!
- Brine it
- Inject it. I’m using Stubb’s Injectable Butter Marinade to keep it moist. This injectable marinade is a Texas-style blend with butter, mustard, onion, garlic and spices.
- Season it. I’m using my favorite turkey seasoning, Tennessee Whiskey Gobblin’ Good Turkey Rub.
Please watch our Deep Fried Turkey Using Char-Broil’s Oil-less Fryer video to see all of the detailed steps, from brining to completing the frying process.